Are you planning your strategy for 2014? Does it include monitoring or building on your current results? If it doesn’t you’re in trouble. This should be a major focal point of how you navigate going forward. You need to make sure that each and every venture you take on has a plan in place to help build your ROI through your media channels. How can this be achieved?
There are a few things you can do:
- Have a strategy in place that integrates all your vehicles. This includes your social media, blogs, video, website and whatever else you use to reach the masses. This makes a huge difference when you plan to have your message disseminated across platforms. Even when you use content that links you to additional places, your website should be the main focal point of use for your consumers.
- Use your data to help you strategize and make decisions to enhance the strategy and brand. If you weren’t sure whether or not it mattered, make no mistake; it does.
- Use your vehicles wisely. Set your objectives and make sure you are using the vehicles that attract the most attention to your benefit. Even if you have multiple social media vehicles, you need to spread your integration out from the top down. Always leverage what you have to move forward and expand.
- Optimize your assets. Using what you have to develop your tactics and use them to engage and enhance your reach is important. You want each individual who uses your platforms to have their own unique experience.
- Make sure you understand your reports to tweak your strategy to evaluate and quantify your results. If you’re investing money into making an effort to engage your audience, you need to know whether or not it is working. You figure this out through analytics and reports. You won’t know the full ROI until you get the numbers to quantify your efforts.
- Do not hesitate to collect your data and analyze it properly. Having the data without looking at it is like giving someone your credit card with no limit. What’s the point of doing all of this if you are not going to look at the results and revise your strategy where needed? This is very important in moving forward.
Taking the time to have strategic meetings to gather and get your information is important. Your team needs to understand your business. For instance, if you are in the storage business, having a meeting in a climate-controlled unit or a portable storage unit can help them become familiar with the overall intent of your marketing concept. You can’t effectively market something you don’t know anything about.
Taking the time to know and understand Google Analytics should be a very important piece of your branding. You want to be prepared for the next page rank surprise and enhance your SEO tactics to their full value. Don’t be left behind, but take the challenge to move to the front of the pack.