When you live in an apartment, having storage is a precious commodity. There are a number of ways to have a beautiful space while utilizing options that will keep your possessions out of sight and orderly. One of the ways that you can maximize space in an apartment is by getting a self-storage unit, but that may not be an option for you. That’s when you should consider your apartment as a climate-controlled storage unit where you will be able to keep your things organized and neat.
Utilizing storage containers is a viable option, as well as incorporating design that will enhance your space. Attractive design basics are important to remember when you are short on space but want a place that is aesthetically beautiful. There are many professional organizers or design professionals that can help you take your ideas to the next level. With so many storage options in furniture, you can have a room filled with things that won’t be seen at all. Utilizing venues like HGTV or videos that can help you maximize storage spaces will also work wonders when you are considering making changes. Here are a few storage suggestions for furniture that work really well:
- Window seats
- Storage Ottomans
- Storage Headboards
- Multipurpose boxes in different shapes and sizes
Utilizing the free resources that are available can save you time and money. Unless you own your apartment, you don’t want to make such significant changes or investments that won’t give you a good return. Make a list of the things you want to achieve in your design and then find ways to incorporate them while using creative ideas for storage. Unconventional places for storage can be found in any apartment – you just have to be willing to put in the work and use your imagination to achieve your goal.
Here are a few additional design tips:
- Instead of arranging things on the floor, go up. Using floating furniture and shelves can work wonders and create an illusion of more room.
- Use art or mirrors to detract from small spaces. Putting a mirror directly across from a window will reflect light and make your space seem a lot bigger.
- Place shelving units near a window and use floor-to-ceiling curtains. You’ll hide your additional storage but will also create a useful focal point. Floor-to-ceiling curtains enhance the dramatic effect and draws the eye upward.
- Keep it light – light colors enhance and give you a chance to use throw pillows or one wall for a pop of color that will brighten up the room. Small spaces work well with light colors that can be used as a canvas that adds variety.
Apartment living can be a challenge, but there are ways to make it work for you. IKEA is notorious for useful tips and furniture that can transform your apartment into a home while you’re there. Use your sense of style to make the space your own and watch your design come to life!