Sunday, July 13, 2014

Grab It At A Garage Sale!

garage-sale-tips

This past weekend was a Holiday and it put a damper on my Garage Sale Plans.

Most people were off on boats and in pools with family and friends enjoying this summertime ritual!

But not Me!! Oh No!!! I was doing MY traditional Saturday schedule of going to Garage Sales!  Unfortunately, there were only a few.  So I decided to take my time and really, really look for cool finds at each of the few that were open.

As most of you know, I have been very busy the last few weeks destroying my home so that new floors could be installed.  That required me to pack up whole rooms full of My Stuff and set it into another room…  A long and tedious process to say the least!!

In the meantime, I still had office work to do, artwork to complete and Netflix to catch up on!!!! As I was moving things from one room to another, things got lost, just like if you were moving into a whole new house!!! I was missing all sorts of office supplies and art stock and materials.  I had considered going to one of the Big Box stores for supplies, but why spend That kind of money when I knew these things were stuck in a box in a pile in a corner room somewhere?!

While I was out at the few sales this weekend, I literally fell over a table full of every possible thing that I was missing in my home office: paper, glue, staples, scissors, art papers, stencils, paints and brushes.

“$5 takes everything!” The owner blurted.

“Sold!” I exclaimed.  I headed to my car loaded down with 2 huge boxes full of office/art/decorating/organizing stuff!  What a Coup!!

As an artist, I use all sorts of things in my work.  When I do mixed media pieces, I use everything from the “guts” inside a watch to jewelry and children’s toys.  I keep my eyes open for fabric, lace, yarns, silverware, cracked dishes for mosaics and old frames to paint and put my work inside.  It is these treasures that I have in boxes and bags and baskets in my garage awaiting use in an Amy Original!!!

The last sale of the day, the owner was packing up.  She looked exhausted.  She looked disappointed that there were still things left from the sale!

Without hesitation and a quiet sigh, she said.  “You can have everything that is left for 10 bucks.”  I looked it over quickly and knew at least half of it was vintage!

“Okey dokey” I casually said. I handed over the $10 and put everything in boxes and plastic bags.  We made three trips to the trunk of my car and both of us felt a keen sense of accomplishment.

When I got back home, and looked at everything, I realized that not only had I replenished my office and art studio, but I had also added some amazing vintage lace and jewelry and silverware.  The best part?  I got it all for $15!!!

I would have easily spent $50 at the Big Craft Store for these same items!  And the vintage things would have cost three times that at an antique store.  It made me wonder what else you should ALWAYS buy at a garage sale as opposed to the Chains.

I came up with a list of 20 things you should always GRAB at a Garage Sale!

Electronics * Calculators * Cameras * Vintage * Radios * Tools * Odd * Cords * Drills * Saws * Compressors * Automotive Equipment * Household Items * Baby Stuff and Equipment * Bouncy Seats * High Chairs * Strollers * Clothes and Baby Clothes * Toys * Plastic and Wooden * Action Figures * Vintage *Board Games * Bikes and Accessories * Scooters * Exercise Equipment * Winter * Sports Equipment * DVDs and CDs * Musical Instruments * Violins * Flutes * Lawn Equipment * Antiques and Collectibles * Sports Equipment * Fishing Rods * Furniture * Bureaus * Tables * Shelving Units * Gold and Jewelry * Brooches * Necklaces * Costume * Charm Bracelets * Pendants * Books * Paperbacks * Older Children’s Books * Vintage Cookbooks * Dishware * Vintage *Glassware * Cookware * Silverware * Barware * Shot Glasses * Tablecloths * Aprons * Handkerchiefs * Vintage * Home Office and Art Supplies * ½ bags of papers, pens, tacks * Art and Frames * Sculptures * Paintings * Seasonal Kitchen Appliances * Ice Cream Makers * Cappuccino Machines * Blenders

Keeping your eyes open for these items will not only save you Money, but it will create Character in your decorating style and home design! You may even be able to resell them yourself online. Check out this article that lists the 10 Most Unbelievable Garage Sale Finds!

And….You can always sign up for storageunitauctionlist.com and receive notifications for the best in storage auctions in Your area!!! So many of these also have lots and lots of items from My List!!! As well, our sister company AuctionZing, holds online garage sales online, check it out!

So, Until Next Time

Keep on Junkin’

Amy

 Amy's Heart

The post Grab It At A Garage Sale! appeared first on Storage Unit Auction List.

Source: https://www.storageunitauctionlist.com/blog/updates/grab-garage-sale/

secure self storage storage units rental rental storage units storage rental units storage unit cost

No comments:

Post a Comment