Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Forum Post: Going Up: FM Complaints

"Elevators can't read your mind." It's probably a safe bet that FM never dreamed those words would ever actually need to be uttered. But as you all know, the FM department gets more than its fair share of the absurd.

For your reading pleasure, here's an all elevator batch of complaints sent in by Building Operating Management readers. Enjoy!

 

Push Buttons Are So Yesterday

"As the property manager for an office complex, I have visitors of the complex to my office every so often to express their opinion about one thing or another that they feel is wrong and should be changed. One such guest stopped by my office while I was out two weeks in a row to complain that the elevator did not work in our three-story building, and that he was upset that he had to take the stairs each time.

The next week when he came to visit one of my tenants, he stopped by my office to complain once again. This time I was in and I immediately went with him to check out the elevator.  I had received no other complaints about this elevator.

We entered the elevator together, the door closed, and I just stood there. Five seconds later, he announced, 'See, it's broken. It won't take me to the third floor.' 

I proceeded to tell him that once inside the elevator, he must push the button to go up to another floor.  I wanted out, so I hit the 'open door' button, said goodbye, and left him in the elevator.

I hope he hit the button for the third floor so that he would be on time for his appointment at the psychologist's office.

Elevators can't read your mind."

 

Annoying Convenience

“The elevator comes too fast. I don’t have time to talk to my friends.”

 

Wonkavator

"I manage two twin tower buildings that are connected by corridors on the first and ground floors only.   Often, we find people wondering around on a floor in the wrong tower. When you kindly explain to them they are in the east building looking for a tenant in the west building, their very next question is, 'Which one of these elevators will take me to the west building?'   Unless they are elderly, it is very hard to respond with a straight face. We usually give them a minute to think about what they have asked."

 

Can you top these stories? Please share in the comments below or send me an email at naomi.millan@tradepress.com.

Source: http://my.facilitiesnet.com/complaints/f/7476/p/11806/15133.aspx#15133

where to find storage unit auctions storage unit auction cube storage storage spaces

No comments:

Post a Comment